- Shortlisted for the Gate City Book Award (New Hampshire)
Martin is all set for a field trip to the dinosaur exhibit at the museum when the bus leaves without him!
In this second lively trio of illustrated stories, Martin Bridge is on the lookout – for that bus, for sandwiches made with eraser shavings, for an escaped parakeet and for a Park Ranger Super-Charged All-Night Flashlight.
Includes three stories: “Yesterday’s Party”, “Field Trip” and “Polly.”The daily rhythms, struggles and triumphs of childhood — at home, at school and with friends — are evoked with warmth, understanding, honesty and humor.
- Kirkus starred review: “Young readers will identify with Martin and will celebrate his successes while recognizing his shortcomings. The rich secondary characters, realistic charcoal illustrations and familiar situations are perfect for chapter book readers. May young readers have more from Martin.”
- Scholastic Instructor: “Honest dialogue brings to life three short stories about a boy who has a lot to learn about making and keeping friends.”
- Horn Book starred review: “Martin’s second outing provides more of what made the first book work so beautifully. Martin Bridge is worth looking out for.”
- School Library Journal starred review: “On the Lookout! delivers the same type of fun as Martin Bridge: Ready for Takeoff!.”