Select and arrange some of these lines, which were written by participants in the 2016 MASC Young Authors and Illustrators conference, to create a pleasing poem. Send in your entry for a chance to win an autographed book. The winner will be announced June 30th.
- You are like thunder when you roll.
- You silly silly orange. You speak to me.
- You almost smell like a strawberry pineapple smoothie.
- Oh orangeth. Tasty small astroideth.
- You remind me of space, asteroids and meteors.
- You feel like the top of a snake.
- You are as round as a ball and you give me as much vitamin D as the sun.
- Your smell is refreshing, like a fruit or a plant.
- You are bumpy and soft, hard and light and heavy.
- You smell sweet, very tangy and a little sour, too, with a hint of something tasty. I wonder, can I eat you?
- Your are quite tasty.
- Oh, new found orange, a cousin of the apple.
- You remind me of a squishy ball. What is this thing, Commander? Oh, orange, oh lovely lovely orange.
- I would not eat a basketball but that does not mean that I will not eat you.
- You are the colour of a sun setting and you smell as sweet as a lime.
- You smell oh that wonderful scent of fresh grapefruit.
- Your zesty taste is nothing to waste.
- You don’t move. You’re rough and bumpy like the Earth yet still soft and smooth.
- Oh lovely orange, you are found on the tip of North America and grown on the bottom of South America.
- And with your juice you can not go wrong. Pulp or not, it matters not at all.
- You are very delicious, I assure you, my dear, but I can’t help but eat you whenever I am near.
- Oh lovely orange, what a lovely and delicious smell.
- You smell like sweet fructose and very unlike bacon.
- You might not sound like anything, but you smell like a sweet lemon.
- Your fragrance’s sweet, your ovoid egg-like shape. I hold you in my cupped hands, Thud! You escaped!
- I don’t think I would ever eat a more delicious summer treat.
- Quite unique indeed, your vibrant colour, your shiny shell. Oh juicy orange and your sweet tangy smell.
- It seems as though you have a juicy substance hidden inside.
- Oh tiny orange ball, how round and how bright you are!